Virginia has recently transitioned into deadly heat of the summer seasons, therefore afternoon glasses of iced tea and light summer salads are the only wayne are surviving this muggy weather. A few years ago I had a strawberry and goat cheese salad at a restaurant, I can’t even remember where I had it, but I immediately fell in love! I came straight home and recreated it a few days later. There was no way I could make the dressing from scratch and I was too impatient to wait for a trip to the grocery store, so I decided to improvise instead. Thankfully, my recipe did not disappoint and I am here to share it with you today!
If you are looking for a decadent salad, that can be whipped up in a few short minutes, this Strawberry Goat Cheese Summer Salad is for you! I love the fresh taste and color of the strawberries, the rich, creaminess of the goat cheese and the sweet bite of the dressing. This salad is the perfect addition to any summer meal and by adding a few nuts, can be filling enough to hold on it’s own. Not only is the recipe very photogenic, but it will leave your taste buds watering for more!
Let’s get to cooking!
- Goat Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Strawberry Jam
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Juice of Half of a Large Lemon
- Slivered Almonds or Candied Pecans (optional)
- Begin by whisking Strawberry Jam in a small container until the texture because smooth and more liquid like.
- Add Olive Oil and Lemon Juice to the jam and continue to whisk until dressing is combined well.
- If you have a bottle for dressing, you can pour the mixture into the bottle and give it a good shake to help everything come together.
- Serve in bottle or on the side of salad in a small ramekin.
- Tear or chop your desired lettuce into small pieces and add it to a bowl (individual or serving bowl).
- Slice the tops of the strawberries, slice into small pieces. Lay an assortment of strawberry slices to the top of the lettuce.
- Break apart goat cheese into small pieces and add to the top of the salad.
- If you would like, add a few slivered almonds or candied pecans to the top for a little crunch!
- Top with dressing, or serve on the side in ramekin.
- This salad is perfect for the summer and is even more delicious with slivered almonds or candied pecans!