June 30, 2017
Food + Drink
4th of July is almost here and it has been a hot minute since I shared a recipe, so today I wanted to share my favorite Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs recipe! I love spending my time in the kitchen and these days I’m enjoying the challenge of navigating life at home, cooking for Jay and I. When it comes to family cookouts, summer BBQ’s or our upcoming 4th of July holiday, nothing is better than tender, BBQ Rib!. I have always been a fan of ribs, but they have a tendency to be hit or miss. If they aren’t cooked, or seasoned, well they can be a quite a mess that isn’t worth the fuss. However, this recipe creates fall off the bone BBQ Ribs, that you don’t have to slave over all day!
In the summer months, Jay and I love to spend our time out on our boat or at the beach. When we get home I am usually tired, hungry and ready for a home cooked meal that I don’t have to cook! This is one of my go to recipes on days like that because it’s easy and delicious and the crockpot does its thing! Tender on the inside, sweet and charred on the outside!
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs
- 1 full rack of ribs
- ½ cup of water
- BBQ sauce
- Start by adding your ribs to your slow cooker.
- Add in ½ cup of water and allow them to cook on low for 6 hours. You could also do high for 4 hours!
- Remove the ribs from the slow cooker and allow them sit for about fifteen minutes. This helps release a little bit of the moisture, because they are going to be super tender!
- Pick your favorite BBQ sauce, I prefer Sweet Baby Rays or Stubbs, and slather on a heaping bit to all sides of the ribs.
- Cook the ribs on the grill until the sauce has properly charred.
- Serve with your favorite side dish.
Like I said before, this recipe is very low maintenance and perfect for summer cookouts when you want to spend your day out on the water on at the pool, but still have an easy dinner ready to go when you get home! If you do decide to give it a go, please share your thoughts with me! I cook this recipe every couple of weeks and love it every time. You can share your pictures with me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Snapchat! Also, all of my kitchen utensils will be linked below. I love this crockpot, it is so great! Jay’s grill set is on sale 20% off right now, it makes a great gift, you can get it here. Williams Sonoma is having 20% off a ton of my favorite kitchen items this weekend so now is the perfect time to shop!
Shop The Post
Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs Recipe