As if wine isn’t always my choice of beverage, the summer months bring out my favorite selection, Rosé! Its fresh, fruity and bright taste, pairs perfectly with any summer entrée. To switch things up a bit, I decided to mix in a little fruit and create a Summer Rosé Sangria Recipe!
Sangria is pretty new to me, but everyone loves it, so I thought why not? When creating this recipe, I just used fresh fruit that I had on hand, and these peaches were out of this world [thanks to Jays family, who is the best!]. They to a good sangria, in my opinion, is allow the fruit to soak in your wine for a few hours [or overnight] and adding a little sparkly something into the mix!
For a step by step version of this recipe, see the end of the post and I will have a printable copy for you! But, before that, I’m going to quickly walk you through the steps I took to create this, and the steps you can take to create your own Sangria out of whatever fruits and whiney have available!
I started out by slicing and chopping up some strawberries, and delicious fresh peaches, we had at the house. You can also use any other fruits you have like apple, melon, berries, oranges and more! Add your favorite variety of chopped fruit to a glass pitcher.
Pour a bottle of Rosé over the fruit and give it a nice stir to incorporate everything together. Allow the wine, and fruit, to chill in the fridge for a few hours, or overnight if you have the time. This will allow the fruit and wine to infuse together, and complement one another, into a beautiful and delicious refreshment!
To the wine and fruit mixture, you can add a sweetener, however mine was already sweet enough! I just added a little under a bottle of sparkling wine to rosé and fruit. This helped to lighten everything up and give it a nice bubbly touch! You can add as little or as much sparkling wine, or you can substitute for club soda.
Pour in your Rosé Sangria and you are ready for happy hour!
This cocktail was light, bubble and Instagram worthy! What more does a girl want? It is the perfect cocktail for a summer happy hour, or even a backyard cookout. Its super easy and doesn’t require exact measurements. You can adapt it to whatever you like best!
Print your copy of this recipe here:
- 1 bottle Rosé
- 1 bottle Sparkling Wine
- Chop strawberries and peaches (or any other fresh fruit you have on hand) and add to glass pitcher
- Pour one bottle of Rosé over fruit
- Allow to refrigerate for a few hours, or overnight
- Add 1/2 to 1 bottle of Sparkling Wine to Rosé and fruit mixture
- Spoon a little fruit mixture into the bottom of a stemless wine glass, or mason jar
- Pour Rosé Sangria over fruit
- Add a paper straw! (optional)
- Sangria is great because you can completely make it your own! If you would like yours to be a little sweeter, add a few tablespoons of honey to the wine and fruit mixture. You can also sub our Rosé for your favorite wine, use different fruit, and/or use club soda instead of sparkling wine for a different form of bubbles!
If you like this recipe, or have a friend that loves Sangria, I would love for you to share it.
What is your favorite Sangria recipe?
SHOP THIS POST: