The end of a long week, or even better – a long day, calls for a cocktail! I have mentioned over, and over, that red wine is my favorite, but red wine has just taken itself to the next level! Are you ready for this?
RED WINE HOT CHOCOLATE
Now, you might be thinking, “red wine hot chocolate? I don’t think so!” But hear me out, because I was skeptical at first too. This is quite the treat, it’s like adult hot chocolate that is perfect for Saturday midday while prepping for your weekend holiday party, or for watching your favorite Christmas movies with your hubby and having a relaxing night in! It’s also great night cap, in substitution of dessert. Trust me, this list goes on. This red wine hot chocolate takes only a few minutes and is the newest addition to your list of holiday recipes. It’s easy, it’s rich and let me tell you, it’s taste is impeccable (like, life changing!)
To make things easy, and not so complicated, I just slightly altered the Hershey’s Hot Chocolate recipe on that you can find on the back of their cocoa powder. Of course, I added a say more vanilla and some red wine.. it is red wine hot chocolate:) Serve it in your favorite holiday mugs!
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 3/4 cup Red Wine
- Add sugar, milk, salt and vanilla to a small sauce pan
- Heat on low for 2 minutes
- When the sugar has dissolved, add in the cocoa powder and heat for an additional minute,until fully dissolved
- Turn of heat and allow the cocoa mixture to cool slightly, for a minute
- Add red wine and serve in two of your favorite mugs!
- Dress this cocktail up with some mini marshmallows, or my personal favorite, whipped cream! Some candy canes would look nice, or even chocolate or raspberry drizzle!