Tis’ the season for pumpkin spice and everything nice!
If it’s not obvious, I am quite excited about the upcoming holidays seasons (I mean who isn’t?) Pumpkin Pie is always one of my favorite desserts and Jay loves his with tons of whipped cream, so I knew this Fall I wanted to share with you a new recipe related to to Pumpkin Pie! Because it is such a season favorite, I figured that everyone either has a family recipe, that they love, or a store bought option that is always #1 on the holiday shopping list (I see you Costco with that delicious pumpkin pie!) This year I knew I wanted to do something a little different, than the classic Pumpkin Pie Recipe, so I thought about what I love best about Pumpkin Pie and put my brainstorming to good use. Now, that’s not to say that I won’t share my personal favorite recipe next year, however this year we are going a different, but very exciting Pumpkin Pie route!
This Pumpkin Pie Parfait is not your traditional holiday recipe, but hear out on why I know you will LOVE this recipe. Other than the fact that this dessert is simply delicious, it’s a quick and homemade way to dress up that store bought pie. I am not against, or completely in support of store bought Pumpkin Pie, but sometimes we are looking to impress others not the drop of a hat. Also, with seasonal holiday gatherings comes loads, and loads, of leftovers. Leftovers are definitely a fan favorite in our house, however sometimes you want to use your left overs a little differently than the first way you had them. Therefore, Pumpkin Pie Parfaits are officially your go to holiday dessert this Fall. What I also love about this dessert is that the rich cream cheese layer that really add a sweet taste to the fresh taste of pumpkin pie. That’s not to mention the warm pecan and maple syrup sauce that I added to the top to really bring a taste of Fall to this dessert.
Honestly, I can’t even describe to you house please I am with this dessert. It’s the perfect way to change the game on our traditional Pumpkin Pie, without losing site of our favorite seasonal tastes! This dessert recipe is perfect for beginners who are looking to impress their guests, without having to worry about cooking the perfect pie. That’s one of my favorite things about trifle and parfait styled desserts. If your pie, cake, or whatever you are making, doesn’t turn out perfectly, you are still in the clear because you are going to crumble it up anyway!
I promise you, you have to make this dessert! Be sure to get your printable copy of the recipe at the button of this post!
Maple Syrup Sauce
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
1/2 cup good quality maple syrup
Whipped Cream Cheese Filling
6 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups whipping milk
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 Pumpkin Pie (about 4 slices of homemade, store bought, or left over pumpkin pie!)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup good quality maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 of a Pumpkin Pie (about 4 slices of homemade, store bought, or left over pumpkin pie)
- Start with a freshly made pumpkin pie, or your favorite store bought option
- You can either serve warm or room temperature
- Cut, or crumble, the pie into small bite size pieces
- Set aside
- Add Maple Syrup to a small pot, simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until reduced by about half
- Stir in pecans, pepper, and lemon zest
- Allow to cool
- Add 4 ounces of cream cheese to bowl and beat until smooth
- Add confectioners sugar and vanilla extra
- On a slow speed, gradually add whipping milk until combined
- Beat on high until fluffy
- Layer crumbled Pumpkin Pie
- Followed by Whipped Cream Cheese Filling until your glass is full
- End with Whipped Cream Cheese Filling and top with Maple Syrup Sauce
Thank you all so much for reading, and supporting, Timeless Taste! I can’t ever thank you enough for supporting me and the site. I truly hope you try out the recipe, I cannot tell you in words just how yummy it is!
As always, if you try it and love it (I know you will) please share it with your friends, and family, on social media or print them a copy, using the card above! I love sharing recipes, so if you would like to see more, please just let me know!
SHOP THIS POST: